Extension > Garden > Diagnose a problem > What's wrong with my plant? > Vegetable > Tomato > Insects over 1"
Tomato > Insects over 1"
1 of 2
- Damage occurs July through September
- Chews holes in tomato fruit
- Chews leaves, can completely defoliate plants
- Caterpillar grows up to 4 inches long
- Caterpillar is green with white marking and a conspicuous 'tail' on the tip of the abdomen
- More information on Tomato Hornworms
2 of 2
also called tomato fruitworm
- Damage occurs during August and September
- Chews holes in tomato fruits
- Caterpillars grow up to 2 inches long
- Color may vary from brown to yellow, green, or black with 3 or 4 black strips on the sides of the body
- More on corn earworm